Copyright, a form of intellectual property protection applicable to certain forms of creative work. The main purpose of copyright law is to protect the effort and creativity of the creator. The copyright owner has the option to transfer his rights to others or can prevent someone else from reproducing their work without their permission. A Copyright may be indicated by the word “Copyright”, or by a symbol that looks like this: ©, followed by Published date and the author of the work. For example – Copyright © 2017 LLP
Benefits to Register the Copyright
- Copyright registration provides a Legal document of ownership of the copyright holder.
- Copyright registration enables the Copyright holder to take legal action against infringers in a court.
- Copyright registration creates the validity of your work.
- In case of no copyright registration, a copyright holder gets only limited damages for infringement.
- Copyright registration creates public record of ownership of the copyright holder.
Documents Required for Copyright Registration
- Title of Original Work
- Description of original work
- No objection from the author of the work
- ID Proof of author
- Power of attorney for copyright filing